Hello,

The recent discussion on reconciliation was helpful in trying to sort out some anomalies I have.

When I do the latest reconciliation of one of my accounts the opening balance is 10,448.43 and gives me an amount of inbalance which is way off.

Following the advice in the recent posts I tried working backwards to see if I could find any errors.

I got close to 0.00 from time to time and was satisfied enough to consider a balancing entry, but was intrigued on where the 'error' might have been.

I set off to see where, but, in the course of my search, I tried to find the number 10,443.43 in the account, as a baseline, but didn't find one.

If I understand the process of reconciliation the number should be somewhere in the account, should it not??

Just tell me I am barking up the wrong tree, if I am making an error.

Finbar