Once again - please remember to reply to the list...

-----

It was several replies up the thread, but I was replying to your point about being able to delete payments for only some currencies. (though you've now discovered that currency isn't a limitation)

Here was my posting:

Let's get some terminology and workflow straight:

1. Using the Business Features, Invoices and Bills are entered in a separate
UI, *not* directly in an account register.

2. Posting these, results in transactions appearing in the respective A/R or
A/P accounts.

3. Those transactions are immutable at this point and cannot be edited or
deleted from either the AR/AP accounts, or the other side of their
transactions. (Income accounts in the case of Invoices, or Expense accounts in
the case of Bills) At this point, no bank account or other 'payment account' is
involved.

4. Payments can either be entered via the 'Process Payment' function, or
entered directly into an appropriate account register. (or imported into said
register) If directly entering or importing, you then have to right-click the
transaction and choose 'Assign as payment' to bring up the 'Process Payment'
dialog to formally link the payment transaction to an Invoice or Bill. These
transactions affect and appear in the source account and either AR/AP
accordingly. They are always editable and delete-able from any affected
register. The Invoice/Bill posting status has no bearing on this. However,
while you can edit them directly, you generally should do so by right-clicking
and choosing 'Edit payment'.

Does that clear up the issue concerning deleting payments?

Note, I think there is a bug concerning invoices showing still as paid after a payment is deleted, but that might only be in the Invoice UI. I'm not sure that is the case everywhere. I'd have to investigate. I also don't know if that bug has been filed.

Regardless, if after deleting a payment, you unpost and repost the invoice, it should now show as unpaid since GnuCash can't find the original payment to re-link it.

There is nothing odd about being able to delete a payment.

p.s.β€”I also attached your images you sent here for anyone else following along.