I never got aqbanking to successfully connect to Fidelity’s ofx server. I used
ofxget to retrieve the files, and then imported into gnucash. However, Fidelity
has crippled their ofx creation policy so much that I’ve abandoned their ofx
feeds. Dividends show up with Descriptions and Memos of solely “Qualified
Dividend” or “Non-qualified Dividend”. If you have dividends from stocks or
funds that aren’t automatically reinvested, then you’ll have no idea which
stock or fund paid those dividends.

I’ve been using "csv2ofx Convert" from MoneyThumb to convert csv downloads from
Fidelity and Schwab into ofx files I can import into gnucash. It does cost
money, and it does have some gotchas to be wary of, but it does keep me from
making fumble fingered data input errors in my stock accounts.

I haven’t seen a good description of how to import a csv file of investment
transactions directly into gnucash. If a tutorial of that operation is
available, I’d be interested in pursuing it. The main challenge being (I think)
that many investment transactions involve multiple commodities ($ and shares).

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbrei...@icloud.com