A side note: Windows 11 requires a 64-bit processor, but still fully supports 32-bit Windows software. The AMD-64 instruction set is an extension of Intel's 32-bit instruction set, and runs 32-bit seamlessly with proper operating system support, which Windows still has even in 11. GNC isn't the only 32-bit software out there still running on Win 11. I have 2 Win11 computers, 1 Win10 (64-bit) computer, and one Win10 (32-bit, on an Atom-based tablet with only 2GB RAM). I don't run GNC on the tablet, so as with others I don't have skin in the game - 32 or 64 bit executables are fine.

There's always the chance that Windows 12 (due out around the time Win10 goes out of support) will finally block 32-bit software. I haven't seen much speculation about that yet.

Still, a lot of software has moved to 64-bit and retired support of 32-bit, including such things as Firefox and Thunderbird. The ones that haven't most likely will at their next major release point (full version upgrade) with 32-bit retained as a static download pf an older version for those that might still need it. Moving to 64-bit-only at Version 6 on the schedule mentioned (2026) seems fine to me, and in fact maintains 32-bit support longer than Windows releases of many other open source software products.

Mike Brady
Lurker