You are over complicating matters.
You are trying to record (account for) an UNKNOWN situation. At least I think unknown. Are they telling you "we rounded this up by y amount and will later round down to make up for it". Or, as I rather suspect, it is just happening.

How about each month simply recording from your pay statement, ignoring whether that was rounded up or down by a few pence.

You seem to be worrying about what your REAL pay is as opposed to what is i-on your statement. In other words, thinking "my pay is REALLY X but they paid me X + epsilon (or X - epsilon) so I owe them (or they owe me) epsilon. A lot easier for you to not think of REAL amount being constant but rather that your pay amount varies up an down by epsilon.

Michael D Novack