It could be this:

There is an issue rendering reports in some Linux systems.  The report information is there but you can't see it.

The workaround is to set an environmental variable that disables compositing in Webkitgtk. You can check to see if this fixes it for you by starting Gnucash in the terminal using the following command:

WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash

If that allows you to see the reports, then setting the environmental variable "WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1" will fix it.