It's in Linux and possibly related to theme, or something.

When I access remotely with a different windows manager, it's fine.

Also, when I print the report, the PDF is fine.

But ANY reports from this particular Fedora desktop, while inside
gnucash, are blank.  You can only see the theme background.  But
clearly the report is there because when I look at the printed PDF,
it's fine.