On 5/2/24 8:38 AM, Fred Tydeman wrote:

perl -MCPAN -e shell
gets
Can't locate CPAN.pm

This is Fedora Linux 40 (the most recent)

I find it odd that your system *ever* had Finance::Quote installed, as the GnuCash utility to install the F::Q module depends on CPAN. Which also explains why the module ExtUtils::MakeMaker didn't exist since I believe it is a dependency of CPAN.

You should probably install perl-CPAN (this should give you the "cpan" executable) and perl-App-cpanminus (this should supply the "cpanm" excutable). I haven't used a Fedora system in ages, so I'm not sure if those are available from the standard Fedora repos, or if you need to add the EPEL repository.

Bruce S.