Kalpesh,

A good place to start is https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development. There are 
links there to pages with coding guidlelines and how to make a pull request.

You subscribe to the devel mailing list the same way you did this one.

Unless you’re already familiar with MSYS2/Mingw64 it’s probably a lot easier to 
get going on *nix. You don’t even need a separate machine, Windows Subsystem 
for Linux works very well indeed: It’s what I’ve been using since my last Intel 
Mac croaked last January, taking my Linux VMs with it.

Do you already have a bugzilla account?

Regards,
John Ralls


> On Sep 2, 2026, at 12:40, Kalpesh Patel <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hello dev team -
> 
> 
> 
> I like to contribute to
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/stable/libgnucash/engine/gnc-commodi
> ty.cpp to add a new pricing module that has been merged into F::Q that will
> be available in the next release. I was hoping to get a pointer on properly
> contributing through PRs and if there is hacker's guide somewhere similar to
> F::Q one at
> (https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/blob/master/Documentation/Ha
> ckers-Guide), it will be greatly appreciated. I also may need membership
> into the -devel mailing list as well so pointers are welcome it and any
> other ones. While my OS is Windows, I have access to *nix system if it makes
> it easier.
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [email protected]
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to