On 9/17/2026 5:17 PM, Larry E wrote:
Hi.  I am relatively new to gnucash and am using it for our HOA.
I have a question about Budget Reporting.   I tried unsuccessfully to look 
online for an answer.

When I run a Budget Report, the date the appears on the report is the start of 
the Accounting Period.
I have to present this to our Board of Directors on a monthly basis and would 
like the date to represent the date I create the Budget report.  Is this 
possible?   The data in the report is up-to-date.  I'm afraid the date shown 
will confuse them.

Thanks for any help!

A) I don't use gnucash budgeting features, so can't tell you how to specify the date. Gnucash is slightly peculiar in that you don't do tings like specify dates BEFORE the report exists, but first create the report and then use edit=>report options to change to what you want. Didn't you learn this working with other reports like the Balance Sheet or Income Statement (for an org, you would retitle Statement of Revenues and Expenses or just Revenue Statement for short)

B) But I think you don't want the date RUN but the date FOR (the effective/assigned date for the report). Consider the Balance Sheet report. You don;t want balances as of the date you run the report but as of the date for which you are running the report. Accounting is not normally a "real time" activity.

Michael D Novack


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to