Hello folks,

Some update that was installed today caused me to start seeing this problem.

There was a bug reporting link in one of this thread's messages - which 
wants a login that I don't have to view or add anything to the ticket.


Reports display a blank page.
I tried some saved reports of mine - some individual reports, some 
multicolumn reports.  Also tried some of the built-in reports 
(Transaction Report, Income & Expense > Income Statement, Assets & 
Liabilities > Net Worth Bar Chart, and others)

When a report is opened, a WebKitWebProcess process starts and runs in 
the background eating 100% of the core it's running on.  It stays there 
until shortly after I close GNUCash.

The Export option works for the report -  I am able to export a .html 
file of the report and view it in a browser.  It is being generated 
correctly.
The Make Pdf function doesn't work (print to file > provide a 
path+filename > select 'print' - and no file is created)  - but I have 
never tried that before, so that might be some different issue.


This (report displays) was working fine early this morning.
Later in the morning - not working.
Most likely change was an apt upgrade that was run this morning.


Tried     WEBKIT_DISABLE_DMABUF_RENDERER=1, 
WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1, and a few other environment variables 
that came up.
Also tried installing a flatpak version. (sorry, got mad and deleted it 
before grabbing the version numbers that were in that)
I see that these seem to have worked for others in the thread.  But not 
in my case.

I also tried reverting packages to 
libwebkit2gtk-4.1-0_2.52.6-1~deb13u1_amd64.deb, and 
libjavascriptcoregtk-4.1-0_2.52.6-1~deb13u1_amd64.deb
This morning's upgrade had upgraded those to 2.54.0.
Don't know how to tell what else might be important to pick out of the 
list of things that were updated.

None of these had any effect - exact same behavior in every variation I 
tried.
Blank report screen, WebKitWebProcess process pinning it's CPU core, 
exports okay to html.


Debian 13 (Trixie)
xfce4
running GnuCash from the stable Debian repository
$ gnucash -v
GnuCash 5.10
Build ID: 5.10+(2024-12-14)

Standalone AMD graphics card using kernel module amdgpu.

=

Here's my data point for the cause.



_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to