I would like to run my development version of GPG-agent under valgrind. As I understand it, for that purpose I have to run it in the foreground, i.e. in server mode. However, whenever I launch it as

./bin/gpg-agent --homedir <my-gpg-home-dir>  --log-file agent.log --server --debug-all

then, when I launch a private key operation via the gpg application, a new agent is started (in daemon mode) and used by gpg and I find no way to get the agent launched in server mode to ever process anything.

In contrast, if I start it with the same command line, except for using daemon mode, i.e.,

./bin/gpg-agent --homedir <my-gpg-home-dir>  --log-file agent.log --daemon --debug-all

then the gpg application always connects to it like expected.

Any ideas how I can launch the agent in the foreground so that the gpg application will connect to it?

- Falko

--

*MTG AG*
Dr. Falko Strenzke

Phone: +49 6151 8000 24
E-Mail: falko.stren...@mtg.de
Web: mtg.de <https://www.mtg.de>

<https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/all/?fetchDeterministicClustersOnly=true&heroEntityKey=urn%3Ali%3Aorganization%3A13983133&keywords=mtg%20ag&origin=RICH_QUERY_SUGGESTION&position=0&searchId=d5bc71c3-97f7-4cae-83e7-e9e16d497dc2&sid=3S5&spellCorrectionEnabled=false>
Follow us
<https://www.mtg.de/de/aktuelles/MTG-AG-erhaelt-Innovationspreis-des-Bundesverbands-IT-Sicherheit-e.V-00001.-TeleTrust/> <https://www.itsa365.de/de-de/companies/m/mtg-ag>

MTG AG - Dolivostr. 11 - 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Commercial register: HRB 8901
Register Court: Amtsgericht Darmstadt
Management Board: Jürgen Ruf (CEO), Tamer Kemeröz
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Milde

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the correct recipient or have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this email.Unauthorised copying or distribution of this email is not permitted.

Data protection information: Privacy policy <https://www.mtg.de/en/privacy-policy>