You shouldn't remove the "#" before the "#include". Though the rest of the
lines prefixed with a "#" are comments, in the case of the include
directive, it is: "#include", as you can see here:
https://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/props-cascading.html

If you create the file config/wrapper-properties.conf and try one of the
options (Option 1, I think) that you mentioned, it should work.