Thank you Ketan and Aravind,

With the #include directive in place, the final version that works is (note
the double quotes) as below.

wrapper.java.additional.16=-Dgo.config.repo.gc.periodic=Y
wrapper.java.additional.17=-Dgo.config.repo.gc.cron="0 0 3 * * ?"

So the confusion here is that, the sample showing cron with escape
characters wrapped in single quotes and outer double quotes, when that did
not work and the general eventlog error of (The Go Server service
terminated with the following service-specific error: Incorrect function.
was such that wrong function used), I went down the wrong path of the
uncommenting #include.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply and the help you gave me here.

Appreciatively,
Keith