Nobody is insisting on perfect *solutions* - none of the current solutions
are even close to perfect - but what Heather was proposing was a change in
*goals*. There is nothing to be gained - and a lot to lose - by redefining
what we mean by open access (and thereby what we are trying to achieve) in
order to wrap its umbrella around every imperfect effort to achieve it.