Two points:

1. Confidentiality about who says what may be in order (on a case by
case basis) for frank discussions; confidentiality about financial
outcomes when public money is involved is simply unacceptable.

2. How people are selected, come forward, become leaders, etc. are
complex questions. But how do you deal with representing "millions of
authors" ? There is no parliament of science that I know of, and no
election process exists on a world scale.  And the OA community does not
coincide with the researcher community (alas).

--
Jean-Claude Guédon

Professeur titulaire
Littérature comparée