Yes - this is exactly the point.

For example, the fact that the University of Bath has a Pure instance is
mentioned by Ross below - but I believe that Bath also operates an ePrints
service as its institutional repository.

I did hear recently that the only institution in the UK which actually uses
Pure as it main institutional repository is my own institution, the University
of Edinburgh.

Paul

> On 18 May 2016, at 14:37, David Prosser <david.pros...@rluk.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Isn’t there a distinction between the use of PURE as a CRIS system and PURE
> as a repository.  I get the feeling the former is much more common than the
> latter and only the latter will appear in OpenDOAR.
>
> David
>

>> On 18 May 2016, at 15:20, Ross Mounce <ross.mou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jessica (et al.),
>>
>> I guess it depends which list you read.
>>
>> Elsevier's own list boasts over 200 PURE implementations at different
>> institutions including 28 in the UK:
>> https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/pure/who-uses-pure/clients
>>
>> Even Elsevier's list isn't complete. I know for a fact that for instance
>> that the University of Bath uses PURE http://www.bath.ac.uk/ris/pure/ and
>> yet this doesnt appear on Elsevier's list, nor OpenDOAR.
>>
>> OpenDOAR is a registry run by people with close links to EPrints & DSpace.
>> It's no surprise then that EPrints and DSpace are well registered within
>> OpenDOAR.
>>
>> Time to remove the blinkers. PURE is much more prevalent than you'd think
>> from a glance at OpenDOAR.
>>

>> On 18 May 2016 at 13:08, Jessica Lindholm <jessica.lindh...@chalmers.se>
>> wrote:
>> Hi Ross (et al.),
>>
>> Out of curiosity I had to check the amount of Pure instances as you
>> mentioned that many institutional repositories run on Pure.
>>

>> Checking openDOAR’s registry of repositories (http://www.opendoar.org/) I
>> find 16 PURE-repositories listed, whereas e.g. Eprints has +400 instances
>> and DSpace has +1300 instances. However I am not at all sure to what degree
>> openDOAR is containing exhaustive data (or rather I am quite sure it
>> doesn’t) -it is either lacking data about PURE instances – or if not, I do
>> not agree that they are many..
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Jessica  Lindholm

Paul Walk
Head of Technology Strategy and Planning
EDINA, University of Edinburgh
http://www.edina.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.