On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM Heather Morrison <
heather.morri...@uottawa.ca> wrote:

> Peter (or others).
>
> You refer to pharma companies paying tens of thousands of dollars to
> re-use open access works. Can you explain / provide examples? If works are
> free-to-read, even with All Rights Reserved copyright, pharma companies and
> their researchers can read and benefit from knowledge produced to date to
> further knowledge at no cost.

See https://twitter.com/petermurrayrust/status/1172554433202458625?s=20
6000 USD for re-use of figures from an NC Cell article in pharma promotion.
This is not "voluntary" I have said quite enough on this. If anyone cares
about price-gouging by publishers feel free to re-use my tweet under CC BY.

--
"I always retain copyright in my papers, and nothing in any contract I sign
with any publisher will override that fact. You should do the same".

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader Emeritus in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dept. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069