--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "J. Almeida" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>Prejudice, or a closed mind, forms no part of
>Scientific Method. 
>

Yes, but skepticism is an integral part of the scientific method, and 
gullibility has no place in it, even though the former is often 
mistaken for prejudice and closed-mindedness, and the latter always 
represents open-mindedness. 

If religious belief can be supported through the application of the 
scientific method, I would love to see the relevant scientific 
evidence for it clearly stated for examination. If the evidence is so 
compelling and unequivocal, one should be able to present it in a few 
short paragraphs. One can of course recommend a book which one has 
never read, but one then runs the risk of being embarrassed, if its 
contents do not live up to its title.

The proper commonsensical approach (not just a scientific one) then 
is to first read the book and decide whether it really contains the 
evidence based on which one thought one had chosen to hold a 
religious belief. Otherwise, one would have to find an even better 
excuse to retract the original recommendation than the one provided 
below.

>
>CS Lewis offers a personal account, not formal logic,
>as I said. Although it is decades since I read "Mere
>Christianity", I thought his literary style would form
>a pleasant contrast to the Kreeft & Tacelli book. If I
>were to pick one, I would go with the formal approach.
>Should I come across better books, I will mention
>them.
>

Cheers,

Santosh




=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-W-E-B---S-I-T-E-=-=-=
 To Subscribe/Unsubscribe from GoaNet  |  http://www.goacom.com/goanet
===================================================================
 For (un)subscribing or for help, Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Dont want so many e=mails?  Join GoaNet-Digest instead !
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Help support non-commercial projects in Goa by advertizing!!
        *               *               *               *
                        Your ad here !!

Reply via email to