Santosh Helekar's message quotes a Mr. Barker: "I am
now no longer satisfied with mere assertions, with
creative rehashings of myth."
I have never knowingly confused myths with factual
reality. Reality is what I am after, and
evidence-based refutation of error. I think that
Scientific Method ("mere" conjecture and refutation)
is a powerful safeguard against errors of both belief
and disbelief. That is why it is not "even" scientists
and thinkers, but ESPECIALLY scientists and thinkers,
who conjecture boldly while seeking refuting evidence.
Prejudice, or a closed mind, forms no part of
Scientific Method.
CS Lewis offers a personal account, not formal logic,
as I said. Although it is decades since I read "Mere
Christianity", I thought his literary style would form
a pleasant contrast to the Kreeft & Tacelli book. If I
were to pick one, I would go with the formal approach.
Should I come across better books, I will mention
them.
Cheers,
Joel Almeida
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-W-E-B---S-I-T-E-=-=-=
To Subscribe/Unsubscribe from GoaNet | http://www.goacom.com/goanet
===================================================================
For (un)subscribing or for help, Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dont want so many e=mails? Join GoaNet-Digest instead !
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Help support non-commercial projects in Goa by advertizing!!
* * * *
Your ad here !!