I wonder if Sunila, James and Santosh ever PRAY?

If You PRAY, You will have FAITH,
And if You have FAITH, You will LOVE,
And if You LOVE, You will SERVE,
And if You SERVE, You will have PEACE.

                              -Mother Teresa


The following are my views on FAITH, BELIEFS, SPIRITUALITY and SCIENTIFIC
METHODS:

        Whatever we do in life, we SERVE people directly or indirectly.

        We can SERVE people with science and technology with or without knowing
much about spirituality or humanity. In the technology and scientific world
we accept only approved scientific methods to measure, quantify, compare the
results of any process.

        We can also SERVE people directly much better with combination of our
HEART, INTELLECT, MIND and SOUL with the help of modern SCIENCE and
TECHNOLOGY.

        Vedas (written in Sanskrit about 1500 B.C.) gives us this knowledge (of
HEART, INTELLECT, MIND, SOUL, etc) to KNOW and to SERVE fellow human beings,
other creatures and the Universe. English language has a limit to understand
Vedas (English version). Sanskrit is the spiritual language in which one can
understand Vedas perfectly. Whoever wants to gain this knowledge from the
Vedas can gain tremendous energy for the self-development and to SERVE the
humanity.

        Although Science and Technology is the key factor for the world economy,
however, it is a very small factor to SERVE humanity.

        Sorry, I may not have any scientific methods to prove this statement but it
is my experience beyond any doubt.


Cip Fernandes
London


______________________________________________
Sunila Muzawar wrote on  21 May 2002 09:39
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Vedas, Antibiotics, etc

>From: "santoshhelekar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [Goanet] Vedas, Antibiotics, etc
>Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:42:20 -0000

>>Romain Rolland got a Nobel prize in literature. He was not a
>scientist. As far as I know, he said nothing about the Vedas and the
>speed of light. He would not have been qualified to say anything
>about the scientific validity of the Vedas. Please don't try to
>confuse issues here.
>
>By the way, he was a great supporter of scientific rationalism.

I read his name a long time ago in connection with something he said on the
Vedas. I will try and dig it up and if I do I will let you know. But you
know everything you have said about him reinforces my memory that it was him
only that I had read about in connection with the Vedas. After all science
and literature and the Vedas can be a heady combination. ;-)

> >Let me ask you have you ever read the Vedas ? Do you know Sanskrit ?
> >
>
>No for both questions. Have you, and Do you? If you have and do,
>Please enlighten us in English or Konkani. I am particularly
>interested in the speed of light issue.

Actually I haven't read the Vedas and I don't know Sanskrit. But would love
to know more. If nothing else, it would give me an insight into Indian
history. But one of the reasons I asked is to show you how illogical your
approach is. Just because you haven't read it and don't know more about it
does not mean it does not exist. :-)

> >Intuition, gut feeling, sixth sense and whatever else you may call
> >it does exist but unfortunately science lacks in being able to prove
> >it.
>Are you sure? Have you read the current scientific literature on
>these matters? I know there is a lot of published research that deals
>with this. I would love to know whether your assertion is based on
>the conclusions of this research, before I accept it.

I do read but am not a scientist or a psychologist. But recent findings on
proving mental telepathy and healing through sending distant mental
vibrations (includes prayer) is proving that thoughts or energy does travel
from one person to another over thousands of miles. I had read that The
California Pacific Medical Center is involved in this research and is
getting very encouraging findings. But why go so far ? Haven't you seen that
a patient responds better to treatment when he/she has the will to get
better and when they don't their health deteriorates dramatically despite
all the medicines and treatments ? Can medical science address that ?

> >Similarly, there are some things which are beyond proof. They are
> >simply there ....you cannot deny it.
> >
>
>How do you know this? I deny it, in the absence of evidence that your
>statement is true.

Just because you don't know you deny it. That doesn't mean it does not
exist. A hundred years ago if someone was told that you could be heard
thousands of miles away they would have laughed. Yet, today the telephone is
a reality. If sound waves can be captured and transmitted why do you deny
that thoughts can also be electro-magnetic waves which can be transmitted,
accepted and responded to ? Just because science hasn't discovered it yet,
it does not mean it does not exist. It is a superficial and narrow vision
that says that if you haven't seen it or heard it or proven it in some
physical way, it does not exist. That does not mean one should get loony and
spaced out. But to deny it is equal folly.


>Antibiotics cure illnesses whether you have faith in them or not.
>This is a scientific fact. Scientists know a great deal about how and
>why antibiotics work.

Yes, and now they are finding that new bacteria are coming about which are
immune to existing antibiotics. So they are caught up in the vicious cycle
of trying to exterminate every new bacteria that comes about. Unfortunately,
very little effort actually goes into finding out the source of this
bacteria. I don't deny the advantages of antibiotics. But just because
science found this magical remedy does not mean there aren't any more
remedies out there. It also does not mean that there isn't a way to prevent
the bacteria from occurring in the first place.

>Is this a general statement about human psychology or about the
>effectiveness of antibiotics being intertwined with faith? If it is
>the latter, there is scientific evidence that contradicts your
>statement.

It is the latter. I don't care what science currently says, I cannot deny
the fact that I have many side effects when I take a dose of antibiotics. It
does actually address infections effectively, but it creates other problems
in my body. I am hundred percent sure that I am not the only one to have
suffered from the side effects of antibiotics. And science keeps changing.
They told you meat is good for your body and then now they say virtually the
opposite and advocate vegetarianism. So which scientific theoram does one
believe ? Especially since it may be contradicted some time later.

> >Somethings just exist because they simply do.
> >
>
>It is great fun and enormously useful to find out why they exist and
>how. Science has been pretty successful at doing that.

Sure, but they have not completed the job. And just because they haven't
found something out yet, to deny the existence of that something is the
narrowest view ever. It is like someone asking for statistics to prove that
Hindus have been killed in Kashmir ...a question which actually occurred
recently on this forum. Just because someone hasn't collected these
statistics or just because these statistics aren't handy give outs doesn't
mean the Hindus haven't been killed. One reads about the killings
practically everyday in the news but unfortunately, someone needs an audited
report of statistics to believe it before you can accept it. I tell you it
is absurd.

> >There is something beyond and that is God.
> >
>
>Again, How do you know that?

Because I love him and because I relate to him. Now don't ask what is love.
After all can science truly prove an abstract emotion like LOVE ? You just
know it is. ;-)

Cheers,
Sunila

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-W-E-B---S-I-T-E-=-=-=
 To Subscribe/Unsubscribe from GoaNet  |  http://www.goacom.com/goanet
===================================================================
 For (un)subscribing or for help, Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Dont want so many e=mails?  Join GoaNet-Digest instead !
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Help support non-commercial projects in Goa by advertizing!!
        *               *               *               *
                        Your ad here !!

Reply via email to