Ongoing: Exhibition of paintings, Art Chamber, Calangute www.goa-art.com
Dec  13: Dance workshop, with Jaap Van Maanen. Tel 2275733 BB Cafe
Dec  14 onwards: Shireen Mody's Goa 2002 exhibition, Arpora. Tel 2276759
Dec  14: Customer Relationship Mgt Seminar, Xaviers, Mapusa Tel 2262356
Dec  17, 18, 20: Indo-Portuguese furniture, lectures Fundacao  Ph 2230728
Jan  18-19: International kite carnival at Morgim beach, Pernem

Dear Rene:

I applaud you for your efforts towards organizing GOA DAY 2003. I would like to repeat
some of
what I said last year on the occasion of GOA DAY.

GOA SUDHAROP (www.goasudharop.org) is committed to sharing the pride and joy Goans
feel as a
community on GOA DAY this year. Our manner of celebration is to try and give something
back to
our community by improving and developing Goa. Our efforts are very minor but we are
trying.
Other Goans have given back differently and impressively. Whether they have built cyber
communities, donated money, time, skills, computers, or work for the underpriviledged,
etc., there
is hopefully a significant increase in altruism, based on our traditional Goan
emphathy for
humanity I suppose.

Our worldwide celebration of GOA DAY should not be minimized. It compares no less with
the Irish
efforts of ST. PATRICK'S DAY and America's INDEPENDENCE DAY (minus the commercial
marketing of
those days) in preserving our identity. If we want to be, we can be a proud people,
holding our
own on the world stage. We have our own music, art, cuisine, history, literature, etc.
Let's
hope we speficially set aside some time this GOA DAY to celebrate our culture.

Congratulations to you and everyone who has contributed to making this GOA DAY happen
again.

Best wishes,
George Pinto
www.goasudharop.org