Marlon,my Goan Brother, True,I agree with your para1,but wait a second,do you sometimes stop to wonder why we cannot always deliver,what we want to? Could it be that the remote control is in somebody's hand? Are we not just nothing before the MIGHTY POWER? I am not approaching the current issue from a moralistic angle,I am but a habitual sinner,human that I am. However ,when I see a profanity being justified,I find really,really repulsive and as a GOAN living in Goa ,my self respect (not my pride anymore) can not accept it. The issue of whether Yes or No to Prostituition ,is essentially a question of whether, we do respect , a human being, another man or women. Sorry ,to dissapoint you , but no man or women get's into Prostitution(Sells his or her body willingly,it is always circumstantial and it is really sad. There is no question that people in distress anywhere around the world need to be rehabililitated and lifted up from these pitiable circumstances. Ask those who are working in red light districts any where in the world. There is no question of me being judgemental about any profession my friend. Prostitution is honestly not a profession, it is a situation where some of our brothers and sisters are unfortunately trapped and find it difficult to get out from. The children, if at all born in this circumstances, will grow up only to hate this world and the blood of these foetusus aborted will only cry out for the blood of those responsible. Marlon my brother and those of you who share his view, will you be able to say you won't fill the guilt. Yes , my friend Man or Women prostitution is evil and the man or women who willingly practice this are unfortunately immoral. I do not want to be judgemental or appear to be a fundamentalist as some may think. I am nothing ,but even then, I would in all humility reject any question of tolerating ,in an attempt to accomodate this arguement ,which will only achieve a materiastic object of suppressing the impoverished millions by legalising Prostitution,which will only be exactly what the Slum Lords, the Mafia,the Dons and all those neo commerical and mercenary interests of so many of those gutter rats chewing into the very fabric of our society. I request and pray that you too will soon begin to share true LOVE, UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION for every man and women ,who would be led or even choose to opt for selling their own or other's bodies to satisfy the passions of those who have no concern for their bodies or their spirit,but who would not be content after defile and deforming their human existence. If my posting is embarrasing or hurting anybody,my sincere apology,it is not my intention to attach any body personally as I am no man of achievements like most of you. The Lord has been kind to me and shown me I wrong I was in the past to share your opinions and similar visions for Goa. Today ,I realise that, we should consider building a NEW GOA,first in our minds and hearts before we see the renewed Goa. We all need to forgive those who oten go wrong,me included. We need to pray especially for those steering Goa and INDIA, so that ,by the Grace of GOD this nation we be a NEW NATION tommorrow, where every TEAR from every eye will be wiped off and the pangs of hunger will be removed from the bellies of our impoverished people. Praise The Lord! Jai Hind! On the Internet! Auspicio F.M.Rodrigues SIMPLY GOAN,simple Goan!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon Menezes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:51 AM Subject: Re: [Goanet]Re: Should prostitution be legalized in Goa? > Auspicio, > > We all want and wish the best for others. However > wanting something and actually delivering benefits are > two different things. > > I may be wrong, but to me it looks like you are > approaching this problem from a moralistic angle. > Basically what you seem to be saying is that > prostitution is evil and that the women who willingly > practice this are immoral, not unlike say professional > killers. Based on this form of thinking, your solution > therefore is to impart proper religious teachings to > them so that they can change their ways. > > My prognosis of the situation is different from yours. > I do not make a value judgement on prostitution and do > not place prostitutes at the same level as > professional murderers. I view this as an economic > issue in which those women who have willingly chosen > this profession, have done so to maximize their > incomes so that they can feed their families or > whatever. Given my assumption that this is an economic > issue, I have therefore suggested that this profession > should be treated as a regular industry in which its > participants abide by some well defined laws to > protect the service providers and the consumers. > > My counter to your moralistic argument is this: > Suppose you were to convince a prostitute to give up > her evil ways, you would still need to provide her > with an alternate income source to replace what she > lost. Now try replicating this solution for the > hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other women > (and men). Furthermore, why just limit this to > prostitutes and provide these benefits to the hundreds > of millions of destitutes. If not, we would have a > peculiar situation of many people claiming to be > prostitutes in order to qualify for these benefits. > Clearly, the resources simply do not exist to do this. > To me therefore, the solution is to deal with this > issue from a macroeconomic point of view. > > Marlon > > > > > --- "Auspicio F.M.Rodrigues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote: > > Praise The Lord! > > I accept your allegation ,if that is what it is,but > > ,don't you agree that if > > somebody is faced with a problem those who can > > should lift them up higher > > not sink them lower. > > I would not allow my sister to be a prostitute,I > > would try to rehabilitate > > her,wouldn't I ,wouldn't you? > > Are women facing problems not worthy of our > > LOVE,COMPASSION and > > UNDERSTANDING,are we to let them GO DOWN and watch > > it ? > > I think it is most hurtful ,that in this day and > > age we can encourage > > perversities ,simply because it does not hurt us, > > > ########################################################################## > # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # > # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # > # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # > # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # > ########################################################################## ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
