From: "Jorge/Livia de Abreu Noronha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: "Goanet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [Goanet]"Tuji Mai Bhas Kitem?" Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:28:05 +0100
Dear Elton,
My response to you is as follows:
If you ask "What's your mother tongue?" my reply is "Konkani" and if you ask
"Tuji Mai Bhas kitem?" my reply is "Konknni". Get it?
Jorge
Jorge,
You will understand that I grew up with the heavily adulterated, albeit still my most beloved, Concanim.
However, later, most fortunately, through close friendship with poor Shanker Bandhari, I made efforts to get a little acquainted with the true elegance of our mpther-tongue.
I feel Shanker would have used: Tumchi avoi-bhas kon?, in above case under issue.
I hope Gurunath-bab will opine on the right form.
We could use, most profitably, such querries and gropping answers to improve our idiom from long-distance.
Alfred
_________________________________________________________________ L�ttare att hitta dr�mresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/
##########################################################################
# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #
##########################################################################
