Dear Goanetters, Floriano has reached some conclusion on how I made a reference to the 'drug addicts' that frequented the 'Olympic Park' until the 'Mhapsa Fest' restored it to the children...thanks to the MMC Chief Officer's initiative. The conclusion is absolutely logical [ I may have reached a similar conclusion,too.] However, it is factually incorrect. The 'oHeraldo' staff did NOT show me the letter of 'Senior Citizen'. I did not ask them for it,either. The writer of a 'Letter to the Editor ' has a right to privacy. I respect that. I do not respect any agency that does not respect it. The 'senior citizen' can rest easy. I have not read his letter...except the edited version published in the oHeraldo.
It is another matter that I know who the 'Senior Citizen' is and at whose prompting he wrote. He obviously knows that ,too. My response published in the oHeraldo is an edited version ,too. The full form was posted on the Mapusa Net and was also sent to Goanet[ I have not seen it in the Digest version, might have missed it.] Yes, I have friends in the oHeraldo right up to the top. Fortunately, they do have ethics and know how to maintain confidentiality. Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:19:39 +0530 > From: Floriano Lobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > TidBits - Mhapsa Fest is still on. He just shrugged and said " Maybe Miguel got to read my letter to Herald through his good offices with the Herald's Staff" To that I said "It is highly unethical of Herald, or even of Miguel for that matter, to do that, even through friendly relations". "And it amounts to > the abuse of such relations".> Floriano Lobo> goasuraj There was no breach of privacy. Not guilty. No apologies,Sir. I would still request the citizens to do something positive...instead of cribbing about what others are doing. DO BETTER THAN THEM. Viva Goa. Miguel --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.543 / Virus Database: 337 - Release Date: 11/21/2003 ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
