# If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #

re: Writer Ben Antao elected President, Canadian Authors Association, Toronto Branch

Silviano Barbosa wrote on  Tue Oct 26 22:09:45 2004

<Congratulations to writer Ben Antao, our own Goan author from Toronto, who was elected President of Canadian Authors Association, Toronto Branch last week. Ben keeps himself busy these days writing regularly for The Goan Observer, among myriad other things, which include short stories, reviews, novels, plays, etc.

Ben's new book is going to be published very soon in Goa. He has already published his first book "Images of Goa" several years ago.

Best of luck and success to you Ben in your new endeavour!>

Dear Siliviano,

Thank You very much for spreading the Good News. It is always an honour for ALL of us Goans when a fellow Goan is honoured in such a manner.

It is NOT always that North American Writers Societies honour an individual whose genetics are from a distant land.

All the more, dear Ben - CONGRATULATIONS and well done

I intentionally waited a week before writing about this. BUT, I have YET to see ANY other Goan extend his Congratulations on this d-list.

What happened to our stalwart Canadian Goans on GoaNet e.g. John D'Souza, Tim D'Mello and Eugene Correia. NOT ONE SINGLE WORD on Goanet.

Perhaps they have visited Ben at his home in Toronto to wish him personally. Perhaps they telephoned him up or e-mailed him.

Perhaps they have done diddly squat.

Did NOT see anything on GoaNews either !?! (if I missed it - do forgive)

In any event, I trust that these 4000+ Goans who are members of GoaNet will at least support our Goan brother Ben by purchasing his books. ....all together, let us see 100 books being bought by GoaNet members. That will be a miracle.

And what about the World Goa Day outfit? Renebab....? que pasa. Do you too note that we Goans have funds and time for Jamboree, Picnic, BBQ but NOT to support our Goan writers?

Let's make it 5 books for the World Goa Day chappies.

What a crying shame !

jose

We at The Goan Forum will do the needful for one of the founders of TGF's writers sketchpad and d-list. THAT is a promise.

====

please visit "NEW" on The Goan Forum at http://www.colaco.net

Recommended Goa related sites

1. http://www.goa-world.com