--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|                                                                        |
|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|                                                                        |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tragedies are unavoidable and often an act of nature.  However as society 
progresses, we have been able to eliminate or mitigate many tragedies. Society 
has made this progress  through knowledge  and information, even forecasting 
tragedies like Katrina.  

Of course not all of us are knowledgeable of every useful / necessary things in 
life.  So all of us make "stupid" mistakes.  We hope these mistakes are minor.  
And as intelligent persons we learn from someone else's mistake rather than our 
own. Yet some never learn, even from their own mistakes.

I made a mistake about twenty-five years ago when I first learnt to drive.  
Through ignorance and oversight I did not get an oil change on my car for a 
long time. I ended up ruining the car's engine.  Now, I change the oil every 
3,000 miles and my Toyotas run for 200,000 to 300,000 miles with the standard 
maintainance practices.

The greatest tragedy is when we pay with our lives for our mistakes and / or 
ignorance.  In the last few years, I had three close male relatives die at ages 
50-60 from preventable or easily curable cancer (if detected early). 
Information and the application of the information is the secret to life and 
success.  Educating ourselves and our relatives, repeatedly if necessary, is 
better than crying at their funerals.  "Aum soglem zano murree" and "tum maka 
sangi naka" attitude will not get us long-tern luck and good fortune.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|                                                                        |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to