To: <goanet@goanet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:42 PM
Subject: [Goanet] Re: Portuguese passports etc.

Hi Cornel,
Read your post with keen interest, sir! As a professor of post-doctoral
studies in Britain, you've given a politically correct definition of
nationalilty. I have to concede that my definition of nationality is what you
call identity if "nationality" is defined within the narrow parameters of
citizenship. In this context, please note a subsequent post from Mario on the
topic.
You might have heard of Auroville, a commune founded by sage-philosopher Sri
Aurobindo in Pondicherry, a former French enclave in South India. Talented
people from all parts of the world are engaged in spiritual, intellectual and
artistic pursuits there, after renouncing their citizenships. They call
themselves "world citizens".
Please tell us how we determine their nationality, independent of their
identity.
Regards,
RKN
Radhakrishnan