Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Goanetters,
I think Santosh is making a very valid point that God-fearing people can,
and do engage in horrendous evil. Osama bin Ladan is a perfect example,
killing for his warped view of the love of his God-fearing maker, and the
'sacred' land of Saudi Arabia where Mohamed the prophet was born and lived.
And so are the suicide bombers, wanting to get to heaven in double-quick
time to meet the God they so fear and also love! So also were the Crusaders
in earlier times.

Other examples are the Ku Klax Klan, some among the Boers in apartheid South
Africa and even Hitler. The first two definitely drew highly selectively
from the Bible to support their warped arguments about their right to
demonise and eliminate 'lower' groups. Hitler in turn, drew his bizarre
inspiration from his God-fearing sense of Christ's unfinished business of
eliminating the Jews. These guys were  thoroughly mistaken but they were
most certainly frighteningly God fearing! There is no oxymoron in this
assertion at all.

The oxymoron suggested by JC reminds me of a good friend of mine who when
hearing that someone was divorcing a women whom he had loved desperately
before, claimed that the bloke had not really ever loved her in the first
place. Fortunately life's experience has helped my friend to change his mind
about his daft previous oxymoron.

In some respect this is also like the Catholic Church rejecting the concept
of divorce but happy to be instrumental about (sometimes after years of
marriage, children etc) the mind-boggling concept of annulment, especially
assured to the rich, famous and powerful.
Cornel