Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Thanks,
Another new Konkani word I learnt today.
(although, like many other words, it is not there in my Konk-Eng dictionary)

My analysis:
- It appears that 'bonk-maro' is derived partly from Hindi e.g Usko maro (beat
him)
- As it comes from Dominic's Antique shelf, it is evident that 'bonkmarop' is
not a new or
recent thing like in 1980s or 90s.
- I can well understand how and why the word 'Bonkmaro'
- I also understand that all Gays are not Bonkmaro/e
- Its Ok when it comes to M-to-M bonkmarop but what about M-to-F which is also
very common now
a day ? (perhaps, I am watching too many videos)
- Fianlly, Listen to this song first

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening
For they fought with expert timing
===
1980s, this was very popular dance in Goa (this song may be of 1970s)
I too enjoyed it very much (I Really miss those days)

This dance involves in touching each other waists & bum (and elbows i think)
Where both  (Male and female i mean) hit each other waists (Bendd) first
right(quickly
jump/QJ) then left (QJ)then Bum (Bonk).
When we were hitting each others bum (Bonk), and if you asked me what this was
called ? With
my little knowledge of konkani, I would say it is 'Bonkmarop'

Hoemwork:
Can any one suggest another (new) konkani word for 'Gay' ?
Please avoid using these words: Inzllo, Bail, bai-zuan, bailancher contr,
Cheddiam-poder etc.

====
<<The Konkani word for gay is "bonkmaro"; homosexuality - "bonkmarop".>>

That's interesting, Domnic bab. But what about lesbianism?

Cheers,
RKN

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Goa & NRI related info...

Konkani Songs, Goan Photos, Tiatr/Film VCDs, Bank interest rates etc etc
   (for updates etc click below)