From: Nelson Lopes Subject: [Goanet] Pearls of Chinchinim Village

PEARLS OF CHINCHINIM VILLAGE

That is my designation , nomenclature and  title remembering and recalling the
contributions, achievements of some notable villagers from my humble,  personal
perception. I have no other particular or personal reasons, but elation as
being our path breakers. They have left memorable and indelible foot prints for
us to thread, emulate reminding us also  to do our best too. And which are
documented and recorded by me. There are  many unsung heroes waiting to be
resurrected ,whereas some have  already occupied preeminent publicity,
documentation they deserved due to their influence and position in our society.
As many sometime  ask politely what about forgotten others ?, to them I wish to
 say you can do your bit and now ......
----------------------
GL responds:
In American, nearly every town - small and big have a "Historical Society."  A
similar variant existed in Colonial India and a British tradition. Part of this
social group was a designated current historian that kept track of events and
newspaper / magazine clippings of all printed articles and materials as it
pertained to the area.   All this becomes a great centralized resource for
future generation writers to research the area and the people.
Chinchinim could continue its tradition of being first in Goa - in forming a
village based "Historical Society."   This Society could be a legacy of Nelson
Lopes.
Regards,  GL