           * * *  2007  ANNUAL  GOANETTERS MEET - GOA  * * *
WHERE: Foodland Cafe - Miramar Residency - Miramar, Goa

WHEN: December 27, 2007 @ 4:30pm

More info:

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2007-December/066098.html
On 11/12/2007, cedrico dacosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Goankars...soon its gonna be Dec 19 Goa's 'unfortunate'
liberation day......Goa was best then as compared to its dismal state
now.

How did people react to the bombings of the AIR and the borim bridge?

I also would want peoples views on Liberation and how they feel
now...also on the latest round of agitations planned on dec 19 2007
around Goa...

jc's response:

1:  While it is true that Goa in 1961 was in infinitely better shape
than any place near it, I suggest that it is pointless bringing this
bit up again.

2: The people of Goa have voted over 40 years to elect the MLAs and
MPs to represent them. They have received the type of representation
they got paid or fed to vote for.

3: I do not inderstand why so many people are jumping up and down
because non Goans are buying up stuff...in Goa.  Do they not have the
right to do so?

4: As far as I know, AIR (Goa) was never bombed by anyone. I do know
that the Emissora Radio station was bombed and its quite powerful
radio transmittor removed - possible for use as an external services
transmitter.

5: I notice that the Navy has the "title" for Dabolim...Hanh!?

6: Talking about Land titles ....May I ask how the title of the land
near Grace Church in Margao changed hands about 6 years ago? Perhaps
Adv Aires Rodrigues will care to advise us. Does he know anything
about that case?

There are two article which you good people might wish to read

1: http://www.colaco.net/4/GoaLib1.htm ( Goa Liberation)

2: http://www.colaco.net/1/TRSfolkloreRaneRajput.htm

jc

Spread the Christmas Cheer, even when you're not here!
Send classic greetings to your loved ones in Goa.
EXPRESSIONS - 2007 Christmas Hamper
Visit http://www.goa-world.com/expressions/xmas/
Or e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]