Dear Goanetters,

   To start with , allow me to pen down the definition of " apolitical "
   according to several english dictionaries my daughter has lovingly
   provided me with . While all of them agree that the word involved
   in this discussion is an adjective ( and that " unpolitical "is a synonym
   while " apolitically " is the related adverb ) , they vary slightly in the
   exact interpretation of the term . The terms used for "  apolitical "are :

   a) not political
   b) of no political significance
   c) not involved in politics
   d) not interested in politics
   e) not connected with politics
   f) not connected to any political party
   g) not concerned with politics
   h) not involved in political affairs
   i)  having an aversion to politics
   j)  politically neutral
   k) having no relation to politics
   l)  not concerned with political matters
   m) politically neutral

   I have two questions :

   1) Has the GBA or SVM satisfied the above definitions ?

   2) Assuming the answer to 1 above is a yes , is it fair
   that , having aquired the faith , trust and the respect
   of a Goan electorate which is disillusioned with politicians
   ( of all hues )... on the basis of being associated with an
   apolitical movement ,the voices of these apoltical groups
   ( conveners , general secretaries, spokespersons etc )
   should make " individual " statements in the audiovisual,
   electronic and paper media which could ( even remotely )
   influence the Goan electorate in the direction of one or
   other political party ??

    I am not questioning whatsoever the very significant
    role played by the GBA  and SVM ( and their leaders )
    in the quest to protect Goa and Goans from the vested
    interests . I am , however , certainly questioning the
    propriety of individuals associated with these apolitical
    movements using the name and fame achieved through
    these apolitical  movements to influence political events,
    now....and in the future. Vice versa , I do not question
    their right to influence present and future political events,
    so long as they do not misuse the name and fame that
    they have gained with the Goan people thanks to their
    association with these " apolitical " movements.

    I am hoping that persons on all sides of the political
    divide on Goanet will contribute to this discussion.

    luv and regards,
    anand

    ( Dr Anand Virgincar )
http://www.searchgamesbox.com
  • [G... anand virgincar
    • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोंया
    • ... Dr. U. G. Barad