--- On Sun, 7/20/08, Miguel Braganza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is a pity that Dr. Santosh Helekar, a professed
> atheist/agnostic rationalist, should actually bring home
> the point of what is essentially a CHRISTian
> belief:REPENTENCE , not punishment, as the first
> option. No one can claim to be Christian and justify
> Inquisition at the same time. That is akin to storing
> ice-cubes in Hell.

I am neither interested in correcting the path of a wayward Christian nor that
of an estranged agnostic. My intent was simply to point out the absurdity of
drawing a parallel between the crimes of the inquisition and the errors of
pre-scientific medicine. To illustrate this by using Gilbert's latest spurious
distraction, the robber who makes off with Gilbert's family jewels has nothing
in common with the patient who goes home with his treatment.

Cheers,

Santosh