Here's something that might interest Mario :-)

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - John McCain's U.S. presidential election
campaign has solicited a financial contribution from an unlikely
source -- Russia's U.N. envoy -- but a McCain spokesman said on Monday
it was a mistake.

In the letter, McCain urged Russia's U.N. Ambassador, Vitaly Churkin,
to contribute anywhere from $35 to $5,000 to help ensure McCain's
victory over Democratic rival Sen. Barack Obama, currently ahead in
voter preference polls.

"If I have the honor of continuing to serve you, I make you this
promise: We will always put America -- her strength, her ideals, her
future -- before every other consideration," McCain assured Churkin.

Moscow's mission to the United Nations issued a terse statement on the
Republican presidential candidate's letter, saying that the Russian
government and its officials "do not finance political activity in
foreign countries."

A spokesman for McCain, a long-time critic of Russia, had a simple
explanation for the fundraising letter's arrival at the Russian
mission in New York: "It was an error in the mailing list."

The letter was addressed to Churkin and sported a McCain signature
near the bottom.

Cheers,
RKN