Dear Tony,
My heart goes out to you because every bit of what you write is true and you
have no hesitation in calling a spade a spade. You're an honest to goodness
Goan, the sort of chap that works all his life and expects nothing more from
the world than a quiet, clean, civil country to live in.

The truth of the matter is 50 years after Liberation, the townships have been
made unfit for human habitation. What makes this an absolute crime against
humanity is that each of our MLAs are worth their weight in crores. An honest
Goan working a lifetime cannot save a crore and believe me that applies even to
NRIs, yet these men have managed to leech off the Goan blood while the
townships rot.

This is something the Parrikar government can certainly make a start in
correcting and I hope they do, starting with Digu's own constituency Margao. If
you think Mapusa is a ghanti town, then a visit to Margao will make you feel
considerably better in living on that side of the Zuari.

Best,
selma

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve