I assume the scope of the discussion about introducing generics is not how
Go-generics might hypothetically be transformed to idiomatic Go. I find no
reference to "unsafe" in neither of these (already mentioned here):

   - "Proposal: Go should have generics" by Ian Lance Taylor
   https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/15292-generics.md
   - "proposal: generic programming facilities" by Andrew Gerrand
   https://github.com/golang/go/issues/15292

Neither do I find any mention of "reflect", which I assume might be
relevant.

>From this I infer that adding generics to Go is a rather large affair. It
also looks like that in the pages above.

More interesting, I don't see formal modeling verification mentioned in any
of the generics-documents above, neither in this recent thread:

   - "formal verification in Go? someday perhaps?" at
   https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/MVITBF3TcOE

I know that Rob Pike was involved with formal verification since long
("Bell Labs and CSP Threads", by Russ Cox, see
https://swtch.com/~rsc/thread/) and that this background was colouring much
of how Go ended up. Has generics been discussed along this line: that
Go-generics might be more/less suitable for formal verification?

Øyvind