It's an interesting post and something I can see being true to an
extent, but I'd like to put forward an alternative from my own
experience.

I came to Go as an extremely inexperienced programmer - a couple of
years with Perl and a childhood with C64 basic/6502/Z80 and virtually no
formal CS background (one half year unit in first year undergrad).

When I started using Go it had only been open sourced for a year and a
half. I found the support for people starting to use Go to be
outstanding even when questions were only tangentially related to Go
(generic algorithmic problems were happily(?) helped with). In part it
seems this was due to decisions by the Go core developers to help foster
a helpful and welcoming environment (rsc has discussed the motivations
for this in the past). Maybe that "fresh scene" has diminished a little,
but it doesn't really seem so to me.

Dan