Please, find a better solution. Don't delete years of discussion and
curated content. And, the Go subreddit is the work of the community over
there and this question should be directed at them.

Minimizing the involvement and making it a unofficial space should be the
first attempt. An unofficial and unmaintained r/golang doesn't sound as bad
as a deleted one.

(As a side note, I am scared how our generation has normalized ethically
corrupt actions from the authority and trying to hack around it rather than
leaving in protest. I stopped using Reddit under my own name many years ago
due to similar reasons.)