On Tuesday, 13 December 2016 20:06:49 UTC-5, Dave Cheney wrote:

> I advice caution, Go is not Java and does not permit circular
> dependencies. The more packages you have, the greater the chance you have
> of creating a circular dependency.

That's a rather dark viewpoint. Absent further information, there's nothing
wrong with breaking up a large package into smaller ones, nor with using
tools to help do so.  Even packages with circular dependencies can be
separated by using function or interface parameters to express the
interdependence.  Of course it can be overused, but so can any technique.