Den måndag 24 april 2017 kl. 11:02:55 UTC+2 skrev Sokolov Yura:

> I want to ask:
> - how useful `recover` for you?

In one piece of code it was extremely handy. A TLV protocol decoder taking
a bytes buffer as input. The TLVs could be nested so TLVs containing TLVs
etc. Instead of manually bounds checking each TLV i just relied on the out
of bounds checking provided by Go. In the top level decode function I
recovered the out of bounds panic raised by the run time and converted it
to an error that was returned the usual way. So yea, basically excpetions
:-)

> - Don't you think it is a bit "dangerous"?
>
> No, but in my own "library code" I have never called panic without
internally caught it with recover and converter it to an error. I don't
count bounds checking panics etc as I count those as bugs (with the
exception of the example above).