On 04/24/2017 11:02 AM, Sokolov Yura wrote:
> Good day, people.
>
> Title is a bit controversial :-)
>
> I want to ask:
> - how useful `recover` for you?
> - Don't you think it is a bit "dangerous"?
>
> I mean: panic usually means programmer error,

I don"t know what you mean saying that any panic is caused by a bug:
being honest, I have seen panic
conditions related to weird behaviors into the underlying
infrastructure, like "not really seamless" network failover, or storage
failover into SAN
systems.

Personaly I have used it to manage the situation when the connection to
a server is dropped because
of any change of a failover interfaces, when raw sockets are not managed
(we implemented SCTP over raw sockets in Linux), and the daemon
just survives and reconnects.

I cannot see any "danger" in this, until you check this doesn't ends
into a loop of endless restarts, when the failure condition keeps existing.

L.