More often than not the obsessed creator will have the last say and will
discard what the trained designer and results of the focus groups tests
have to say unless they agree with him/her :D Hence the need for a more
flexible solution.

But you have a good point.

However I still see at least 2 reasons why native looks could be a limit:

- This me belief that more developers know what are their options when
making some HTML/JS/CSS than when dealing with "native looks" (panels,
comboboxes, etc.) since most developers come from a Web background. May it
be good or bad is not the point here, but I do think that it's more
intuitive and easier for developers to make a UI using HTML/JS/CSS than
using native components. That's not true for everyone but I think that's
true for the majority. For the ones that feel more comfortable without any
HTML/JS/CSS then there are plenty of great options out there and once again
I can't recommend enough https://github.com/andlabs/ui
- Some simple stuff as simple as capturing the "Enter key was pressed in
the input box" event somewhat can't be done using native libs such as
https://github.com/andlabs/ui. In my case that was dealbreaker.