That's quite a lot of work!
I personally hate gamification but agree that it can motivate some people
to participate. At the same time I would consider using financial
incentives - bounties and the likes. Or probably a mixture of gamification,
bounties, commendations and other forms of appreciation.

I'd like to help to give back to the community so if this is a go then I'm
in!

Ondrej