In a uniform column situation I would model a single Column, effectively
have:

type StringColumn struct{ Cells []string }
type FloatColumn struct{ Cells []int }

This should also make many of the operations easier to implement.

But since I'm unclear what the end goal of this solution is, I'm not sure
whether this is sufficient or whether there are better designs.

+ Egon