> Is Visual Studio Code a .Net app that takes up lots of memory and CPU?

Worse, it's an Electron app :)
I don't personally use VSC, so I can't speak to its performance or
efficiency. However, LSP is currently supported at some level in Neovim
using a plugin, and first-class support is planned. It's possible that
there's a project to implement LSP in your editor of choice already.