Hi Dorival,

thanks for supporting me with my idea.

And yes, after writing my post yesterday I was thinking, "watchif" or even
simply "watch".

And yes, today I am more in favor of simply *"watch"*.

And yes, we can constrain this to the context of one function (like defer),
I am ok with that.

What you are describing how you work with errors and how you spent hours
adding

*if err != nil*

that is *exactly* my point.

On could nicely write this

watch err!=nil {
  handle_sql_error(err)

Of course, watch could also be used to not watch out for errors but any
other places where new values to get assigned to variables.

Martin