As a Linux guy myself...  Jet Brains makes an IDE for Windows, Linux and
Mac called Gogland that I find to be a very good IDE.  If forced to use
Windows, I would install Cygwin which will give you a Linux shell
environment.  As for compiling, I run a mac and build binaries for Linux /
Windows all the time.   What I do is create a simple Makefile like this:

all: runcmd

runcmd: runcmd.go
        GOOS=linux GOARCH=amd64 go build  -o binaries/linux64/runcmd
runcmd.go
        GOOS=linux GOARCH=386   go build  -o binaries/linux32/runcmd
runcmd.go
        GOOS=windows GOARCH=amd64 go build  -o binaries/win64/runcmd.exe
runcmd.go
        GOOS=windows GOARCH=386 go build  -o binaries/win32/runcmd.exe
runcmd.go
        GOOS=darwin GOARCH=amd64 go build  -o binaries/mac/runcmd runcmd.go

Just type 'Make' and it will build for all platforms