Hi,

i am a happy long time user of windows.
i am developing go the last two years and can do almost the same things as
in Linux.
Visual Studio Code with the  go plugin is fantastic with debugging support
using delve.
If you want to compile for Linux you can do it from windows with "GOOS=linux
GOARCH=amd64 go build your code".
I do not use GCE but they have a CLI for windows.

Is there something you need to do that you cannot do in windows?