On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 7:11:09 AM UTC-7, Gerald wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 20:07:45 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
>
> >I'll bet if Mozilla had used Go to write FireFox, rather than invent
> their
> >own language, Google would have done something to stop them.
>
> You are aware that Google helps fund Firefox (through their agreement
> to be the default search engine)?

I was not aware of that.

I only recently started using FireFox. Previously I had used Google Chrome.
My new computer crashed after I installed Chrome and I was suspicious that
Chrome caused this.
Also, my old computer became very slow and I was suspicious of Chrome being
the cause of this.
Because of these reasons, I switched to FireFox.

I had liked Chrome though. I especially liked the way that it could
translate foreign-language web-pages automatically.
I needed that for this site: http://fforum.winglion.ru/index.php
FireFox doesn't seem to do this --- at least, I haven't figured out how to
do it yet.

I should go back to using Chrome again. I'm not really sure that it was
causing the problems with the slow-down on the old computer and crash on
the new computer.
Foreign-language translation is very important to me. There are more
Russian-speaking Forth programmers than English-speaking nowadays.
Also, the Russians are less fascinated by the ANS-Forth standard --- they
aren't beholden to any American corporation --- they do their own thing.

Google Translate is a good thing --- communication between different
nations and different cultures is very important. :-)

I want to switch over to Quark Forth --- the problem though is that most of
the documentation is in Russian --- it seems to be better in some ways than
the American offerings, and it is free.